Thomas K. Wittig
Tom Wittig joined Fumuso Christesen LLP in 2021 as an attorney with experience and expertise in medical malpractice defense litigation. Tom also has experience in providing counsel and representation to hospitals and nursing homes on a variety of risk management issues, and to physicians and dentists in professional disciplinary matters. In addition, Tom is an experiences appellate attorney who has successfully briefed and argued appeals in the First and Second Departments of the appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York.
Tom graduated from St. John's University, where he studied psychology and business, in 1994, and graduated from Brooklyn Law School in 2000. He started his legal career as a staff attorney representing children in Kings County Family for the Legal Aid Society, and then spent a few years as the Principal Law Clerk to the Hon. Gloria Dabiri and then the Hon. Ira Karkavy in Kings County Supreme Court, before moving to private practice in 2008.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Nusring Home Defense
- Dental Malpractice Defense
- New York, 2001
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2000
- St. John’s University, Jamaica, New York
- B.A. - 1994
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Ira B. Harhavy Supreme Court Kings County, New York, Principal Law Clerk, 2007
- Hon. Gloria M. Dabiri Supreme Court Kings County, New York, Principal Law Clerk, 2004 to 2006
- The Legal Aid Society Juvenile Rights Division Brooklyn, New York, Staff Attorney, 2000 to 2004