Scott G. Christesen
- Partner, 2004
Scott Christesen is a partner in the firm of Fumuso Christesen LLP and has been so since 2004.
He joined the firm as an associate attorney in 1991 after graduating from St. John's University School of Law.
Mr. Christesen heads the firm's Appellate Practice Group. He has briefed and argued more than 300 appeals before the Appellate Division First Department, Appellate Division Second Department and United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. In addition, he frequently handles and coordinates activities relating to substantive motions at the trial and pretrial levels.Mr. Christesen continues to represent health care providers, nursing homes and facilities in litigation sounding in medical malpractice, private and municipal entities in claims of injuries arising out of premises liability, automobile accidents, Labor Law and construction accidents and has both prosecuted and defended subrogation claims on behalf of major insurance companies.
Prior to attending law school, Scott obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from St. John's University in 1984. He was involved in the practice of pharmacy as a part owner and pharmacist of an independent retail pharmacy and was the supervising pharmacist for a large pharmacy chain.
Scott has been selected as a New York Super Lawyer in 2014 through and including 2019 in the area of Appellate Practice. This distinction is reserved for the top 5% of attorneys in the field and is the culmination of a highly selective nomination and screening process.
Mr. Christesen also lectures and provides in-service presentations focusing on litigation and defending liability claims.
Areas Of Practice
- Professional Negligence Claims
- General Liability Claims
- Appellate Practice
- New York, 1992
- Connecticut, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- St. John's University School of Law, Jamaica, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1991
- St John's University College of Pharmacy & Allied Health Professionals, Jamaica, New York
- B.S. - 1984
- Major: Pharmacy
- Medical Malpractice Seminar, NY State Bar Association, 2012 to Present
Honors and Awards
- New York Super Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 1988
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1992
- Suffolk County Bar Association, 1991 to Present
- Nassau Suffolk Trial Lawyers, Member, 2010 to Present
Pro Bono Activities