Anthony M. Maffia
Upon graduating from Albany Law School in 2002, Mr. Maffia began his legal career at the Orange County District Attorney's Office where he gained valuable trial experience. During the course of his five year tenure as an Assistant District Attorney he was involved in the investigation, preparation, and the prosecution of numerous crimes which included homicide, vehicular homicide, assault, vehicular assault, arson, drugs and larceny.
Upon leaving the District Attorney's Office in 2008, Mr. Maffia spent five years with a Nassau County based firm that specialized in the investigation and defense of complex medical malpractice actions. During this time Mr. Maffia handled the defense of doctors, nurses and hospitals.
Upon joining Fumuso Christesen LLP, Mr. Maffia continues to defend complex medical malpractice actions representing doctors, physicians, dentists, hospitals and nursing homes. In addition to the defense of medical malpractice actions, Mr. Maffia also defends general liability claims.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Dental Malpractice
- Hospitals in malpractice actions
- General Liability Claims
- New York, 2003
- Connecticut, 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2016
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2016
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- Juris Doctor - 2002
- Western Connecticut State University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1999
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Justice and Law Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Orange County District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2003 to 2008
- Ivone, Devine & Jensen, LLP, Associate, 2008 to 2014